GLOBUS 2018: Iberian Vacation (ZW)
13 days from Madrid to Madrid
Call 866-821-8167 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13595771
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Madrid||Time to rest or to start exploring the Spanish capital. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Madrid||The capital of Spain since 1561, Madrid today is a strikingly modern city, the showcase of a country resolutely turned towards the future. Your Local Guide takes you to the Puerta del Sol, Plaza de Espana with its monument to Cervantes, the Parliament, Cibeles Fountain, elegant Calle Alcala, and Paseo de Castellana. Then, the highlight: a visit to the palatial PRADO MUSEUM with its priceless art treasures. (B)|
|Day 3||MSALAMANCA||A day in beautiful Castile. Cross the rugged Sierra de Guadarrama mountain range on the way to Segovia, famous for the 2,000-year-old Roman aqueduct. Enjoy a walk through the walled town of Avila, where St. Theresa founded the Order of Carmelites. Arrive in Salamanca, and follow your Tour Director for a pleasant walk to beautiful Plaza Mayor. A highlight is [LF] your overnight stay at Hacienda Zorita, which once hosted Christopher Columbus, where a WINE TASTING and dinner await you. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Lisbon||The majestic scenery of the Serra da Estrela mountain range forms the backdrop of your morning drive into Portugal. Before heading for Lisbon, melt into the stream of pilgrims from all over the world as you visit the SANCTUARY OF OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY in Fatima. This evening, an optional dinner with Fado-style entertainment is the perfect introduction to Portugal's capital. (B)|
|Day 5||Lisbon||Lisbon was the center of Europe's longest-lived overseas empire. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide features a drive through the Baixa quarter's main squares and a walk through the cobblestone alleys of quaint ALFAMA, the popular quarter of the seamen and Fado singers. Drive along the grand Avenida da Liberdade up to Pombal Square. Stop for pictures of Belem Tower, guarding the mouth of the Tagus, and the Monument to the Discoveries. Next, visit JERONIMOS MONASTERY with the tomb of Vasco da Gama. An exciting optional excursion is available to the royal palace of Queluz. (B)|
|Day 6||Seville||On the way back to Spain, stop in Azaruja to visit [LF] a CORK FACTORY and learn about the many ways this material can be used. Then, continue to the vibrant capital of Andalusia, Seville. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Seville||During your sightseeing tour with a Local Guide, hear about the city's role in Roman times, its conquest by the Moors in 712 AD, and its contribution to the discovery of the New World. Admire Maria Luisa Park, the Golden Tower on the Guadalquivir River, and the university that used to be the tobacco factory of Carmen fame. Also visit the magnificent CASA DE PILATOS, a mixture of Moorish and Roman architecture with a splendid collection of Roman sculptures. Then, stroll through the narrow lanes of the charming SANTA CRUZ QUARTER. For those interested, an optional extended guided visit to the cathedral is available, and tonight, for a truly Andalusian night out, reserve a seat at our optional Flamenco show. (B)|
|Day 8||Tangier||Through the sunny sherry wine region of Jerez to Algeciras. Board your FERRY and sail across the Strait of Gibraltar to Africa. Continue to Tangier, jumping-off point for the Moorish conquest of Spain and home town of legendary medieval traveler Ibn Batuta. Sightseeing with a Local Guide includes a [LF] spectacular panoramic drive to CAP SPARTEL. Marvel at the views and quench your thirst Bedouin-style with a glass of hot mint tea, accompanied by local biscuits. This evening, [LF] enjoy a lively Moroccan show after dinner at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Costa del Sol||Visit Tangier's exciting and colorful GRAND SOCCO square and explore the narrow streets of the kasbah. Return by FERRY across the Strait and back in Spain, drive to your hotel in Torremolinos on the elegant Costa del Sol. (B)|
|Day 10||Costa del Sol||Today is your chance to join an optional excursion to the Rock of Gibraltar, in British hands since 1704. Later, enjoy the sandy beaches, and browse through the trendy boutiques. (B)|
|Day 11||Granada||Into the mountains to history-steeped Granada. A guided walking tour features its main attraction, the ALHAMBRA COMPLEX. A fantasy of 'lace in stone' surrounded by arabesque gardens and fountains, it affords superb views of the Old Quarter and Sacromonte, a mountain occupied by Gypsy cave dwellers. Also admire the magnificent WATER GARDENS OF THE GENERALIFE, the royal summer residence. This evening, a special dinner with local specialties has been prepared for you at one of Granada's fine restaurants. (B,D)|
|Day 12||Madrid||The olive and orange groves of the rolling Andalusian hills and, later, the more barren landscapes of Don Quixote's La Mancha unfold before your eyes on the way north to Toledo, spectacularly situated on a granite hill surrounded by a loop of the Tagus River. Your walking tour with a Local Guide features the Moorish bridge and visits to an early SYNAGOGUE, the 13th-century gothic CATHEDRAL, and the CHURCH OF SANTO TOME with one of El Greco's most famous paintings. Time to visit a DAMASCENE STEEL WORKSHOP before returning to Madrid. Tonight, enjoy a farewell dinner at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 13||Madrid||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $635Triple room reduction per person: $62Extra nights per person in Madrid:in single room $136-$205, in twin $77-$126, in triple $68-$117
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).