GLOBUS 2019/2020: Norwegian Fjords Escape with Northern Lights (KTN)
10 days from Oslo to Oslo
Call 866-821-8167 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14472260
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Oslo||Welcome to Oslo, ancient capital of Norway! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Oslo||Today offers a proper introduction to Oslo, Norway's hub of trade and industry. Sightseeing with a Local Guide features the National Theater, considered the home for Ibsen's plays; the unique Storting building, seat of Parliament; and the Royal Palace, residence of Norwegian monarchs since 1849. Stroll through magnificent FROGNER PARK with Gustav Vigeland's extraordinary sculptures; and visit the CITY HALL, where the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony is held each year. Afterwards, an optional excursion is available to see relics of Norway's glorious seafaring past-including 1,000-year-old Viking ships! (B)|
|Day 3||Flam||Depart the city and drive northwest through Hallingdal, a large valley with rich traditions in iron production, cattle trade, and traditional folk art, music, and dance. Stop in Gol for a visit, before traveling through the world's longest road tunnel (15 miles) to Aurland. Arrive in the picturesque village of Flam, situated at the head of Aurlandsfjord. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Flam||Highlight this morning is a breathtaking [LF] BOAT ride on the famous Naeroyfjord, the best known branch of the Sognefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and also rated by the National Geographic Society as the world's number one natural heritage site. Balance of the day is at leisure. Join an optional excursion to make the most out of your stay. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Bergen||This morning board your coach and travel to Bergen, 'City of Seven Mountains.' An orientation drive features the main sights: the Bergenhus Fortress with its medieval Hakon's Hall and Rosenkrantz Tower, the charming Bryggen Hanseatic Wharf, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; the harbor; and the famous Fish Market. Afterward, follow your Local Guide through Bryggen and step back in time as you walk along narrow, cobblestone alleyways past colorful wooden houses. See the 12th-century St. Mary's Church, where Hanseatic merchants attended religious services until the 1870s. (B)|
|Day 6||Oslo||Today board the Bergen Railway for one of the world's most scenic train rides across the wild Hardangervidda mountain plateau to Oslo. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Tromso||Fly to Tromso-the world's most northern university city, and starting point for many great polar expeditions. During an orientation walk with your local expert, explore the old wooden buildings in the historic center. Then, visit the ARCTIC CATHEDRAL, the city's landmark, with its peaked roof and stained-glass windows. Later, why not join an optional excursion to see the Northern Lights (weather permitting)? (B,D)|
|Day 8||Tromso||Day at leisure to take pictures of the beautiful fjord sceneries and high mountain skylines that are plentiful here. Optional excursions are on offer to make the most out of your stay. (B)|
|Day 9||Oslo||Board the flight to return to Oslo. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Oslo||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include air travel. Participation in this vacation requires purchase of the following flights from Globus, not included in pricing: (1) roundtrip air from your U.S. gateway and intra-vacation air segments; or (2) intra-vacation air segments only, starting at $319. Required intra-vacation air segments are: Oslo/Tromso; Tromso/Oslo. Air prices were effective on March 13, 2019 and their availability is limited. At the time you purchase your tour, air prices may be higher.Prices are per person in single, double, or triple room occupancy.The single supplement waiver and single room capacity is limited, please call for availability.All Escapes by Globus tours and departures are excluded from the following Globus discounts: Book Early & Save, Welcome Back Credit, Second Tour discount and Small Group discount. Extra nights per person in Oslo:in single room $178, in twin $103, in triple $81
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).