Brochure Type: Preview Europe 2020 USA
Encounter the 'King' and 'Queen' of the Fjords, Olympic triumphs and the trading heritage of the Hanseatics as you answer the call of Norway's untamed wilderness and embrace Scandinavian sophistication.
- CITY TOUR in Oslo
- ORIENTATION of Bergen
- VISIT Hardangerfjord, Geiranger Fjord, the State Church at Lom and Vigeland Sculpture Park
- VIEW Voringfoss, Steinsdalsfoss, Haakon's Hall in Bergen, Akershus, the Opera and Royal Palace in Oslo
- SEE Sognefjord, Boyabreen Glacier and Hamar Olympic ice arena
- 8 Scandinavian breakfasts
- 6 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call 866-821-8167 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14499608
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Oslo||Arrive Oslo: Prepare for a spellbinding encounter with nature - an untamed landscape of fjords, lakes and dense forests that begins in the understated capital of Oslo, set within beautiful natural surrounds. On arrival, you are transferred to your hotel. Spend the day exploring the city's interesting architecture and exquisite open spaces, before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception to kick-start your journey.|
Clarion Collection Bastion
|Day 2||Hardangerfjord||Oslo - Geilo - Hardangerfjord: We journey along the shores of the Tyrifjord to the ski resort of Geilo with its scenic location at the foot of Hallingskarvet, before continuing across the Hardanger Plateau to Voringfoss, a cascade of water that plunges impressively into the Mabodalen Canyon below. We continue to Hardangerfjord - its title as the 'Queen of the Fjords' is well deserved and you'll have an opportunity to admire its deep blue waters as you travel along part of its shoreline to your hotel in Oystese where you will dine tonight.|
|Day 3||Bergen||Hardangerfjord - Bergen Orientation and Free Time: A scenic drive along lakes and fjords will bring us to the Capital of Fjords, Bergen. We'll learn about the city's Hanseatic heritage, enjoying an orientation tour past the 13th-century Haakon's Hall and bustling fish market. Enjoy some free time to explore this colourful city. This evening, 'Connect with Locals' as the Ovre-Eide family welcome us on their farm for a Be My Guest dinner.|
|Day 4||Sognefjord||Bergen - Voss - Sognefjord: Delving straight back into Norway's inspiring natural landscapes, we continue to the 'King of Fjords', travelling via Voss, the country's adventure capital. There's some free time to embark on an Optional Experience on the Flam Railway, one of the most beautiful train journeys in the world.|
|Day 5||Valldal||Sognefjord - Valldal (2 nights): Journey from Sognefjord, Norway's longest and deepest fjord, to Valldal. See the impressive Boyabreen glacier, part of Jostedalsbreen, Europe's largest glacier. Your road trip is filled with pinch-me moments as you skirt past three different fjords.|
|Day 6||Valldal||Geiranger Excursion: The Geirangerfjord takes centre stage today, as we embark on an epic adventure to explore its depths. We begin our adventure by embarking on a scenic cruise past its tumbling waterfalls and snow-capped peaks. We then make the short drive to Flydalsjuvet viewpoint for a breathtaking panoramic view of the fjord below. We return to Valldal where you can enjoy the afternoon at leisure. Perhaps, join an optional experience to drive Norway's most famous road, the Trollstigen, with its eleven hairpin bends.|
|Day 7||Lillehammer||Valldal - Lom - Lillehammer: We enjoy a scenic drive to Lom, the gateway to the Jotunheimen Mountains. Here, we will visit a 12th-century Stave church, adorned with Runic inscriptions, paintings and carved dragon figures that are said to protect it against evil. We continue through the Gudbrandsdal Valley before arriving in Lillehammer, the proud host of the 1994 Winter Olympics.|
|Day 8||Oslo||Lillehammer - Oslo: We return to Oslo where we spend the day exploring several of the city's highlights with a Local Specialist, including views of the medieval fortress of Akershus, overlooking Oslo's beautiful harbour, the Opera and 19th-century Royal Palace. We finish our tour with a visit to the fascinating Vigeland Sculpture Park, proudly displaying the life's work of Gustav Vigeland. After a magnificent encounter with Norway's epic natural landscapes, we enjoy our last evening together at a Farewell Dinner, toasting to a memorable trip.|
|Day 9||Oslo||Depart Oslo: Our journey through the fjords, falls and forests of Norway has come to an end. We bid our newfound friends a fond farewell and prepare to return home. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.|
- International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class